Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A family affair

My, how time flies....I can't believe the last post was on November 22nd...three weeks ago!  I had pictures to post, just no time to post them.  So here are pictures of the painting process.  It all started on Black Friday, November 25th.  It was a family affair since my youngest brother came to help spray the primer on, tape and paint.  My dad came to help...and my mom helped KWT as he taped the ceiling, plus she made lunch and dinner!  Thanks!  We had the house painted in 10 days...primed and painted...all 1,860 square feet from top to bottom!  Whew!


My brother helping CT put the paint on.

KWT taping the ceiling.

CAT painting the hallway to the boy's bedrooms.

CET rolling on the paint.

CAT painting his room.

Yes, that' me...painting the original hallway.  And yes, that's a purple wall in the other room (half bath).  Sore subject...the paint did not dry to the color of the swatch.  The paint guys says it's close enough...really?!?  So a different color was selected, in fact it was my first choice, but I at first thought it was too dark.  I just bought the paint...I just need to apply it and soon!

My dad helping paint.

The fireplace gets a color!  Yes, it's a light gray wall with a darker gray on the fireplace.

CET's blankie and the wall color in the family room/dining room and kitchen.  Coincidence or inspiration?


Here is the fireplace and wall done in the family room.


I had to put this picture in.  After all the painting, the contractor came to install the baseboard in the bedrooms.  Our dog Daisey did not like the sound of the saw that he was using.  She was shaking like crazy.  She could not go outside because someone was using a wood chipper and that was driving her crazy....so she found out that the grill was off on the cold air intake and hid there.  One of the kids found her there.  Poor thing!




After we were done painting, my uncle came over and installed the electrical outlets, light switches and light fixtures in most of the house.  We are still waiting for the porch light, and the pendent lights over the island to come in.  Then my cousin came over the other day and photographed pictures of the rooms.  He has a much better camera and a wide angle lens....

CAT's new room.  The baseboard installed and even the closet doors!

The new hall way to the boys' rooms and laundry.

Kitchen looking toward the living room
The ol' farm table in the spot where the new island will go... the island is going to be bigger than the table. This view from the door to the garage really shows how much the space is opened up. Now we just need cabinets and some furniture... and the new floors. 

Looking back into the kitchen toward the garage door, same island, I mean table.


KWT's new room, with camo colors and the laundry door waiting to be painted.

The new entry, the end of the Pergo is the original location of the front door.

Here is CET's room.  The old wood floors removed.  He was happy he could ride his scooter in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment